Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day by decorating your headphones with cheery paper rainbows, bright green shamrocks, and a lucky pot of gold! My lucky St. Patrick’s Day paper craft project features a DIY curved paper rainbow on the headband, a leprechaun’s treasure on the ear speaker, and festive shamrocks on the other ear speaker. It’s a cheery nod to Chicago’s favorite spring holiday, St. Patricks’s Day.
Astrobrights asked me to come up with a fun kid’s craft idea for St. Patrick’s Day for them to share on the Astrobrights.com website and Astrobrights Instagram feed. Thanks so much to Astrobrights for sponsoring this project!
My kids are on their headphones a lot these days for remote school and online gaming with friends, so I thought it would be fun to decorate their headphones with bright Astrobrights paper. Remote teachers can get in on the fun by embellishing their own headphones for their online classes on Google Meets and Zoom.
Dress up for St. Patrick’s Day with cute rainbows
We live in Chicago where pretty much everyone goes all out for St. Patrick’s Day. I like to figure out cute handmade ways to celebrate. First, I added Astrobright’s colorful paper to the curved headband so that it looks like a rainbow.
Then I added a paper shamrock onto one speaker ear and a paper pot of gold onto the other speaker ear. Keep reading to see how to get my free printable shamrock and pot of gold templates at Astrobrights.com.
Easy St. Patrick’s Day craft for kids
Making rainbow headphones is an easy St. Patrick’s Day craft activity for kids to make. You can make this craft the day before St. Patrick’s Day or rock the rainbow all week long. This fun St. Patrick’s Day craft idea takes just a few supplies that you probably already have at home: paper, tape, scissors. And the resulting rainbow is pretty cute. Grab the kids and decorate their headphones for a magical St. Patrick’s Day!
Merriment Design is supported by readers like you. If you buy products that I recommend, I may earn an affiliate commission at no additional cost to you. Thanks – your clicks help me make more free DIYs!
Supplies for making my rainbow headphones St. Patrick’s Day craft for kids:
- Kathy’s Lucky DIY headphones printable template (PDF) – Go download my template at Astrobrights.com
- Astrobrights Spectrum Pack cardstock paper – I used Rocket Red™, Pulsar Pink™, Cosmic Orange™, Solar Yellow™, Martian Green™, Gamma Green™, Lunar Blue™, Celestial Blue™, Planetary Purple™, Gravity Grape™, and Eclipse Black™
- Good paper scissors
- Craft knife, metal ruler, and self-healing cutting mat (optional)
- Removable tape. Choose a tape that’s strong enough to hold yet won’t leave adhesive on the headphones – blue painter’s tape and clear gift wrapping tape are good choices.
- Headphones with a headband – the kids have these wireless noise-canceling headphones
Get my rainbow headphones template at Astrobrights.com
Visit Astrobrights.com to get my printable template and step-by-step tutorial for making this St. Patrick’s Day craft idea.
Be sure to pin my rainbow headphones St. Patrick’s Day craft project for elementary kids and tweens: