Toast your favorite graduate with my free printable funny graduation card! My handmade graduation card features a cute piece of toast wearing a graduation cap with the phrase “A toast to your bright future.” Keep reading to download and print my free graduation card for your special high school or college graduate.
A funny (and free!) printable graduation card
If you know me, you know that I’m a sucker for puns, and graduation is no exception. There are so many good graduation puns out there, and many of them feature food. What grad can resist a cute little piece of toast wearing a graduation cap sending your heartfelt congratulations? This clever play on words is sure to make your graduate smile and feel celebrated.
And best of all, my “toast to your bright future” graduation card is completely free, so you can save your money for more important things (like buying a round of real toasts at the graduation party).
A personalized graduation card that you can print at home
Because it’s a digital download, you can print as many cards as you need for all the graduates in your life – no need to make a last-minute trip to the store. Just tuck a gift card inside the card and your graduation gift is ready!
I’m giving you a free printable card with the phrase “A toast to your bright future.” If you’d like me to personalize the card with your graduate’s name or saying like I did for Mary’s college graduation, please email me.
So, whether you’re celebrating a high school or college graduation, our funny and customizable card is the perfect way to toast to the graduate’s bright future. Simply download, print, and give – it’s that easy!
Supplies for making a DIY graduation card
- Kathy’s ‘A Toast To Your Bright Future’ free printable graduation card (PDF) – If you’d like me to personalize the card with your graduate’s name or saying like I did for Mary’s college graduation card, please email me.
- White cardstock paper
- Optional bone folder or craft knife, metal ruler, and self-healing mat
- A9 envelope (5.75 x 8.75 inches)
- Nice pens
- Gift cards
How to make a handmade card for your favorite grad
Step 1: Download and print my free printable funny graduation card
Download my ‘Toast To Your Bright Future’ graduation card. If you’d like me to personalize the card with your graduate’s name or saying like I did for Mary’s college graduation, please email me. Print your card onto white cardstock paper, making sure to set your printer to Best Quality and **DO NOT** shrink to fit nor scale to fit; you want this card to print full-size.
Step 2: Fold your paper in half to create a folded card
Here’s a tip for folding a card perfectly in half: It’s called scoring paper, and it gives you a perfect crease. Scoring paper is a simple technique that helps you create a clean and sharp fold. To score paper, you need a scoring tool such as a bone folder or a craft knife, metal ruler, and self-healing mat.
First, place your paper on a flat surface (I use a self-healing mat) with the side you want to fold facing up. Place a metal ruler in the middle of the card. Then, use the scoring tool (I use the dull backside of a craft knife, not the sharp side) to create a crease along the line where you want to fold. Apply gentle pressure and run the scoring tool along the paper to create a shallow groove or indentation that makes it easier to fold the paper without cracking or tearing it.
Scoring is great when working with cardstock paper, as it can be more difficult to create a sharp fold without it. By scoring your paper, you can achieve a professional and polished for your handmade card.
Step 3: Write a funny saying inside your graduation card
I always kind of freeze when I have to write a message on the inside of handmade cards, so I asked ChatGPT to help me out, then I re-wrote them a bit and they’re pretty good if I do say so myself. Here are some ideas for sayings to write inside your graduation card:
- <NAME>, congratulations on your graduation! Here’s a toast to your bright future and all the adventures that lie ahead.
- <NAME>, let’s toast your incredible achievement and celebrate your graduation!
- <NAME>, you did it! Here’s a toast to your graduation and all the amazing things you’ll accomplish in the future.
- Hats off to you, <NAME>! Let’s toast to your graduation and the bright future that lies ahead.
- Mary, cheers to your graduation and the beginning of an exciting new chapter in your life!
- A toast to you, <NAME>, on your amazing accomplishment! Cheers!
- <NAME>, let’s toast to your graduation and all the incredible things you’ll accomplish in the years to come.
Be sure to pin my free printable graduation card for later
Copyright stuff: You’re more than welcome to use my free project, printable templates, and tutorials for personal use. Contact me for commercial use and Etsy sales. Momma’s gotta pay the bills.