Fourth of July doubles as my husband Shane’s birthday so I tend to make a lot of 4th-of-July-ish crafts. Here are some of my favorite 4th of July decorations and treats:
- Fourth of July Felt and Button Star Napkin Rings: no sewing required! One of my all-time favorite projects.
- Sparkless sparklers for kids for the Fourth of July using chopsticks, ribbon and party garland: clever way to use old chopsticks for a fun kids craft
- Beeswax star candles – personalized for a Fourth of July birthday: super easy to make
- Fourth of July Star Sugar Cookies: this is a is a tasty sugar cookie recipe
And a couple of Martha Stewart 4th of July craft re-interpretations:
- Fourth of July Paper Napkin Rings – a usability makeover of Martha’s printable template
- Fourth of July Waterproof Drink Coasters – inspired by Martha’s Fourth of July parasols
Here’s to family togetherness, full grills, spectacular fireworks, cold beer and Fourth of July pride!
Saturday 9th of July 2011
Just wanted to stop by to say hi, and that I'm gearing up to make the fabric invitations in the near future! I've had your blog bookmarked for close to two years because of them! I'm currently awaiting the shipped fabric and thought I'd show you what I chose.
Instead of cutting out flowers for the front design, I think I'm going to have my graphic designer friend recreate flowers to print on the front.
I'll definitely let you know how it goes. And, if I see you around Wicker Park Fest or Renegade this year, I'll be sure to say hi, unlike I did last year.
Friday 8th of July 2011
congrats on your ohdeedoh mention! http://www.ohdeedoh.com/ohdeedoh/travel-outings/kids-travel-toy-blanketmerriment-design-150881