Here’s an easy and fun DIY Star Wars birthday party game for a Star Wars Birthday Party: Pin The Tail On Darth Vader.
I love old school birthday parties. I’m not talking pinterest-level wedding-esque birthday parties but rather the old timey throwback pin-the-tail-on-the-donkey types of birthday parties. I loved this upgrade of an old birthday party game staple for Elise’s Star Wars birthday party.
My friend Sarah made this game for her son’s 6th Star Wars birthday party and we re-used it for Elise’s Star Wars birthday party — Episode VI: Return Of The Birthday. It’s an easy Star Wars birthday party game to make in an hour or two and the kids from ages 3-7 loved playing it …even when the Force led their lightsabers a little astray…
Supplies for making an easy and fun Star Wars DIY Birthday Party Game: Pin The Lightsaber On Darth Vader
- Posterboard – white, gray, red
- Card stock paper
- Good paper scissors
- Painter’s tape
- Blindfold (or strip of dark fabric)
How to make an easy and fun Star Wars DIY Birthday Party Game: Pin The Lightsaber On Darth Vader
1. Cut strips of gray and red paper or posterboard; glue onto the white posterboard leaving some spacing between for the white to show through.
2. Take a photo of a Darth Vader Lego character; magnify it and print it out to fit the poster. Cut out and glue onto the posterboard.
3. Take a photo of a Lego Lightsaber; magnify it and print it out to be large enough to fit the character.
4. Optionally, take your print-outs to an office supply store and get them laminated. This step isn’t critical but it will make the game last longer.
5. Tape pieces of painter’s tape to the back of the lightsabers. Blindfold the child, spin them around, and play this Star Wars birthday party game!
Pin this super fun and easy Star Wars birthday party game idea for later:
Use the Force to see more Star Wars birthday party ideas like these:
Like it? Share it!
The nicest way to say you like it is to pin it on pinterest, post a comment, follow Merriment Design on Facebook, twitter, pinterest, Google+, instagram or sign up for monthly emails. Enjoy! 🙂
Copyright stuff: You’re more than welcome to use this free project and tutorial for personal use. Contact me for commercial use and etsy sales.