One thing that greatly simplified our wedding logistics was a custom online RSVP system. Through our website we were able immediately see who had responded for all the events throughout the weekend. We looked at other online RSVP systems out there but they didn’t have all the features that we wanted. Shane knows how to program so he created a custom one for us. We put the online system URL in our mailed invitations and linked to it from our wedding blog. Best things about an online RSVP system:
- Faster responses – fun to see the responses roll in
- Easier to track RSVPs
- Ability to tell if people received their invitations or not (two of ours hadn’t!)
- No stamps or envelopes to purchase for RSVP cards
- Fewer pieces of paper to design, letterpress and insert into your invitations
- Ability to relate specific entrée choices with specific guests which means servers no longer have to interrupt your guests with plates in hand to ask if they had steak or halibut – much classier!
- No worrying about the postal service (which in Chicago is notoriously sketchy)
- Automatic entrée totals meaning easier communication with your caterer
Shane can customize it for you too! Contact me for details.