Planning a party soon? Make these easy DIY drink stirrers for your cocktails and mocktails. All it takes is wood sucker sticks, striped washi tape, cardstock paper, a 1″ round craft punch. You can personalize them with any image you like, and it’s quick to make a ton of drink stirrers in just one evening. These drink stirrers are wooden, so guests can reuse their drink stirrers for another cocktail …but maybe not three ????
My friend Heather from YumUniverse and I co-hosted a Cookbook Tasting Party at Same Day Cafe for her latest cookbook, Pantry to Plate. Party guests tasted plant-based recipes from Heather’s cookbook, made their own DIY grocery bags using fruit and veggie stamping onto natural cotton reusable totes, and drank cocktails featuring Few Spirits whiskey and gin and DIY drink stirrers using Paper Mart 6″ wooden lollipop sticks, washi tape, and Heather’s fruit illustrations from Pantry to Plate.
These drinks stirrers went perfectly with the three cocktails that we served sponsored by Few Spirits in Evanston which not only tasted fantastic but also have the most beautiful labels.
Supplies for making a DIY drink stirrers (with images and links from affiliates):
- 6″ wood sucker sticks from Paper Mart
- Green and white striped washi tape from Paper Mart
- White card stock paper
- 1″ circle craft punch
- Good craft scissors
- Few Spirits whiskey, bourbon and gin
How to make easy DIY drink stirrers (using any image you wish):
1. First, prep your image. I used Heather’s illustrations of lemons, apples and limes but you can really use anything you like. Space out the images about 1.25″ from each other; I recommend using Microsoft PowerPoint if you don’t have a graphics program like Adobe Illustrator. Then print onto white card stock paper.
Now let’s start cranking them out!
2. Punch out your images using a 1″ craft punch.
3. Wrap the washi tape around the top of the wooden sucker stick to full cover it.
4. Cut the washi tape, leaving about 1/4″ hanging.
5. Stick a punched circle onto the washi tape.
6. Display in mason jars and pop into each guest’s cocktail. And sip…
Be sure to pin my DIY drink stirrers project
And be sure to also check out the veggie-stamped DIY shopping bags from our Cookbook Tasting Party:
Thanks again to Paper Mart for providing the washi tape and wooden sucker sticks and Few Spirits for providing the whiskey, bourbon and gin for our Cookbook Tasting Party at Same Day Cafe!
Like it? Share it!
The nicest way to say you like it is to pin it on pinterest, post a comment, follow Merriment Design on Facebook, twitter, pinterest, Google+, instagram or sign up for monthly emails. Enjoy! 🙂
Copyright stuff: You’re more than welcome to use this free project and tutorial for personal use. Contact me for commercial use and etsy sales.