Looking for easy Halloween cupcake ideas for kids? Make simple tombstone Halloween cupcakes with my free printable Halloween cupcake toppers. These Halloween cupcakes featuring funny tombstone sayings from Disney’s Haunted Mansion ride are easy and quick to make last-minute for Halloween parties.
The Haunted Mansion is one of my all-time favorite Disney rides. And I love the classic ride’s funny tombstone saying puns like Ima Goner, Ray N. Carnation, Theo Later, and more. I also designed generic R.I.P. and ‘In Memory’ tombstones — print one or both sets of Halloween cupcake toppers. There are 8 printable Halloween cupcake toppers per page so you can print as many as you need for your Halloween party.
I baked these tombstone cupcakes for our school’s Halloween party, and it was an easy last-minute Halloween dessert.
See also: ‘Painted Spiderweb DIY Halloween Candy Bowl’ »
The tombstone file is black and white so you can choose any color for your tombstones, which will save your printer ink, too. I chose three shades of purple for my tombstone Halloween cupcake toppers with funny tombstones sayings. I made 24 Halloween cupcakes for the party.
This post contain affiliate links which means that products I recommend may give me a nominal commission at no extra cost to you. Thanks – your clicks help me make more free DIYs!
Supplies for making easy Tombstone Halloween Cupcakes:
- Kathy’s free Tombstone Printable Halloween Cupcake Toppers (PDF)
- Colored card stock paper (Astrobrights is my favorite brand)
- Toothpicks, Wood coffee stirrer sticks or lollipop sticks
- Washi tape
- Black foil baking cups
- Brown food coloring gel for icing
How to make easy Tombstone Halloween Cupcakes:
- Download, print and cut out my free tombstone cupcake toppers
- Tape onto toothpicks, coffee stirrers or lollipop sticks using Washi tape (see my free printable Star Wars cupcake toppers for details)
- Ice cupcakes and top with crunched-up graham crackers for dirt
- Stick one tombstone into each cupcake
Time saving tip: Using foil baking cups means that you can bake the cupcakes ahead of time and freeze them. Foil liners will stay in place — paper cups tend to pull away from defrosted cupcakes which is why you shouldn’t freeze any cupcakes made using paper liners. Make sense?
Be sure to pin this project for later:
And be sure to see more easy DIY Halloween projects.
Copyright stuff: You’re more than welcome to use this free project and tutorial for personal use. Contact me for commercial use and Etsy sales.