Fourth of July doubles as my husband Shane’s birthday so I tend to make a lot of 4th-of-July-ish crafts. Here are some of my favorite 4th of July decorations and treats:
- Fourth of July Felt and Button Star Napkin Rings: no sewing required! One of my all-time favorite projects.
- Sparkless sparklers for kids for the Fourth of July using chopsticks, ribbon and party garland: clever way to use old chopsticks for a fun kids craft
- Beeswax star candles – personalized for a Fourth of July birthday: super easy to make
- Fourth of July Star Sugar Cookies: this is a is a tasty sugar cookie recipe
And a couple of Martha Stewart 4th of July craft re-interpretations:
- Fourth of July Paper Napkin Rings – a usability makeover of Martha’s printable template
- Fourth of July Waterproof Drink Coasters – inspired by Martha’s Fourth of July parasols
Here’s to family togetherness, full grills, spectacular fireworks, cold beer and Fourth of July pride!
Please post a comment if you use this project – it makes me smile. And you can post your photos to our “I made it!” flickr photo group.